- I couldn’t care less about Orange is the New Black, but Laverne Cox getting nominated is bomb-diggity awesome
- I want Amy Poehler to finally win an Emmy SO BAD but JLD deserves it as usual
- Allison Janney got nominated for two Emmys, two different shows, in comedy and drama. She is unparalleled.
- Other than that no big surprises or noteworthy comments, except to say that I hate Matthew McConaughey and The Big Bang Theory and will never understand the appeal of either
Posts Tagged "tv"
Parks and Recreation is my favorite show on television hands down
It’s not the funniest or the smartest, but it’s the most lovable and that’s what pushes it over the edge against all the other shows I love so much (and post about so much on here)
The number of times I’ve just finished an episode with a big goofy grin on my face goes beyond count and it’s just such a giant hug of a show and last night was no different and I just want the best for Leslie and Ben and their family and Amy Poehler is one of my favorite people and ughkldghalkdghlkahgldkaghlkah so much love
Aaron Sorkin needs to sit down with all the NBC ladies (this includes former NBC ladies— Mindy, Kristen, Amy, Tina, Maya, JLD, etc.) and take a crash course in writing women before season 3
If I have to hear Mack’s “frazzled yelling” voice again I’m going to lose my shit
Now that I’ve calmed down I have some thoughts on last night’s finale of The Newsroom:
- Lead Actress, Drama: Claire Danes, Homeland (will win), Michelle Dockery, Downton Abbey (should win)
- Lead Actor, Drama: Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad (will win), Jeff Daniels, The Newsroom (should win)
- Supporting Actress, Drama: Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey (will win), Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey (should win)
- Supporting Actor, Drama: Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones(will win), Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones (should win)
- Guest Actress, Drama: Jane Fonda, The Newsroom (will win), Jane Fonda, The Newsroom (should win)
- Guest Actor, Drama: (Honestly have no idea and don’t care)
- Writing, Drama: Homeland (will win), Downton Abbey (should win)
- Directing, Drama: House of Cards (will win), House of Cards (should win)
- Drama Series: Mad Men/Homeland (will win), Mad Men/Downton Abbey (should win)
- Lead Actress, Comedy: Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep (will win), Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation (should win)*
- Lead Actor, Comedy: Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock (will win), Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock (should win)
- Supporting Actress, Comedy: Julie Bowen, Modern Family (will win), Anna Chlumsky, Veep (should win)
- Supporting Actor, Comedy: Bill Hader, SNL (will win), Bill Hader, SNL (should win)
- Guest Actress, Comedy: Elaine Strich, 30 Rock (will win), Elaine Strich, 30 Rock (should win)
- Guest Actor, Comedy: Nathan Lane, Modern Family (will win), Justin Timberlake, SNL (should win)
- Writing, Comedy: 30 Rock (will win), 30 Rock (should win)
- Directing, Comedy: Girls (will win), 30 Rock (should win)
- Comedy Series: Modern Family (will win), 30 Rock/Veep (should win)
- Variety Series: The Daily Show(will win), (should win)
*but honestly, anyone but Lena fucking Dunham would make me happy.
Full list here if you care
- JLD got her 14th nomination making her the most nominated female of all time— hell yeah
- Although I think she deserves the Lead Actress in a Comedy award most I think it should go to Amy who has been snubbed EVERY YEAR or Tina because of 30 Rock's final season
- Speaking of snubs— Parks and Rec and The Newsroom not being nominated for best Comedy/Drama series are both travesties
- Also Jessica Walter not being nominated for Best Supporting Actress for Arrested Development was a shame
- Ditto for Allison Janney for Best Guest Actress for Veep
- But other than that not a lot of surprises I guess. Although both Downton Abbey and Mad Men have received fewer nominations than they have in past years which I like because it opens up the Drama categories more. And as much as I love Modern Family I am SO tired of its domination of the Comedy category. It’s good but not as good as a bunch of shows it’s beaten over the years.
I’ll do my picks later tonight or tomorrow but that’s my first impression.